Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I love you.

I love the way you tend to smile at children as they walk by.

I love the way you hold onto me when we ride the skytrain and there aren’t any seats and you don’t want me to fall for anything but you, not even gravity.
I love the way you chase after leaves and feathers and snowflakes when they fall from the sky, gently putting an end to their downward spiral motion to show me every vein, tassle and pattern.
I love the way you smell like coffee, rain on sidewalks, lightning and thunder, strawberry shampoo, cologne and happiness.
I love the way you joke with me about anything from politics to obscure books to hipsters.
I love the way you make my hair stand on end.
I love the way you smile, it’s like turning on a light in a dark room
like the way the world illuminates when the clouds uncover the moon and stars,
like a thousand little suns hide behind your teeth and explode into the world, all at once,
like a supernova.
I love the way you don’t get angry when I have a bad day,
and the way you take care of me when I’m sick.
I love the way you’ll hold my hand when you know I need it most.
I love the way you feel, when you’re close to me. Warm, like home.
I love your eyes like two little orbs, deeper than their volume with everything in the world.
I love the way you can make daisy chains, climb trees and watch clouds,
just like I love the way you can fix my bike chain, wrestle with me and stand up to the bad guys.
I love the way you’re soft, but also tough.
I love the way you laugh, and the way it makes me laugh, too.
And most of all, I love how I don’t even know you yet.
I don’t know your name, your face, your number.
I don’t know where you are or where you will be or where you have been.
All I know, is I love you.
And I’m here.
Come find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment